Fun Festivals to Attend in Howard County This Summer
23 May, 2018 | Apartments
Warm weather is just one great reason to get outdoors in Howard County — the endless festivals are another! Here's a list of all of the fun, social festivals going on around the Howard County area this spring and summer.
- Wine in the Woods. One of the premiere events in the region and a source of pride for Howard County for over 20 years. Voted Best Outdoor event by Columbia Magazine in 1997 and 1998 and awarded Best Annual Festival in Howard County by Howard Magazine in 2009. Live Music, food and samples from over 30 Maryland wineries. Usually occurs mid-May.
- Capital Jazz Fest. Tens of thousands of music lovers from throughout the country flock to the suburbs of Washington, D.C. to attend this weekend of cool jazz and soul — The Capital Jazz Fest. Started in 1993, this multi-day, multi-stage outdoor music festival, is more than just a concert, it’s an event! A place to people-watch, eat, drink, shop, mingle, relax, soak in the rays, and, of course, hear some of the coolest music performed by artists whom you won’t see anywhere else in the Washington-Baltimore area this summer. Usually occurs in early June.
- Columbia Festival of the Arts. A seasonal, weekend-long celebration of the arts in a broad spectrum of art forms and cultures, encouraging interaction among artists and audiences, and featuring local and national artists. Occurs seasonally.
- Fourth of July Fireworks. Howard County Government with support from the Columbia Association present a family friendly fireworks extravaganza along the Columbia Lakefront. Entertainment includes live bands and a variety of children’s activities. Blankets, chairs and picnics are welcome; food is for sale onsite.
- Paint It: Ellicott City, A Juried Plein Air Paint-Out. Artists are invited each summer to participate in an organized outdoor “paint-out” in Historic Ellicott City over two days. Festivities include street walking to see the artists at work, a welcome reception and a gallery reception at the Howard County Arts Council. Occurs in July.
- The Howard County Fair. A celebration of Howard County’s farming past and present. Lots of family fun with livestock exhibits, carnival rides & games, demonstrations, parades & contests. Usually occurs early August.
- Iron Girl Columbia Triathlon. A premier triathlon for women featuring a 0.62mi Swim – 17.5mi Bike – 3.4mi Run. Hosted annually at Centennial Lake by the Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults, a 501c-3 non-profit organization based in Columbia and Baltimore Maryland.
- Ellicott City Arts Festival Artwalk. Ellicott City ArtWalk reveals hidden artists and features more than twenty artists’ studios, galleries, and retail venues. Many styles of art will be showcased, including fine oil and watercolor paintings, metal and wood sculpture, mixed media, artistic jewelry, ceramics, and photography. Meet and greet the artists, tour their working spaces, watch demonstrations, and purchase works large and small. Usually occurs in the Fall.
Annual Events [Visit Howard County]Back to results