blog detail pageBack to results
Summer Must-Do: Date Night at a Drive-In Theater
17 April, 2018 | Apartments
Warm summer weather is just around the corner, which means that you can soon replace your usual dinner-and-a-movie date with something outdoors. Instead of heading indoors to the local movie theater, plan a vintage date night out by taking in a drive-in movie.
Bengies drive-in theater, located in Baltimore, is celebrating its 63rd year this June. Ditch the Netflix for the evening and enjoy a movie al fresco like in the good ole days. Here are a few tips for making your drive-in night perfect:
- Bring pillows and blankets. Whether you decide to sit in the back of your car or camp out on the grass outside, you'll want to get comfy.
- Don't let the bugs bug you — bring lots of insect repellent.
- Check out the snack situation ahead of time. Some drive-in theaters allow snacks, others don't, so make sure you stock up if you need to.
- Set up your radio beforehand. If you've never been to a drive-in movie, you may not realize that you have to play the movie's sound through your car's speakers. Make sure that everything is functioning properly before you arrive.
- Get there early! This is especially important if you want to get a good place in the lineup, get your seats set up and get ahead of the snack situation.